DP World Posorja participated in the XV edition of the International Banana Forum, which took place from October 22 to 25, in the Hilton Colón hotel in Guayaquil.
Ecuador, October 2018.– DP World Posorja participated in the XV edition of the International Banana Forum, which takes place from October 22 to 25 in Guayaquil. The forum is organized by the Association of Banana Exporters (AEBE), this annual meeting is considered a national and international reference, due to its commercial demonstrations and academic programwhere relevant contents for the sector are addressed, about foreign trade; logistics, production, among others.
DP World placed a stand for attendees, to present more information on the project “Deep Water Port in Posorja”, whose main objective is to boost the economy of the country by keeping it connected with world trade, deploying multiple possibilities for the shipping market and businesses related to port growth. Among the main benefits that it will offer, we can highlight:
- Differentiating proposal that boost the port and foreign trade activities of Ecuador.
- Opportunity for growth of foreign trade operations, regional transshipments, economy of scale, among the main ones.
- Availability to receive ships of great draft to its maximum capacity, which allow to improve the logistics cost of the cargo moved.
- Availability to improve the transit times of cargo moved to the main markets.
- Availability to develop safe naval operations in the new access channel of 21 nautical miles.
- Level of service and operations under DP World standard with regional support.
- Speedy operation for entry / exit of units.
- Transportation plaza next to the terminal with provision of services.
- Technology to optimize port operations, security and control in processes.
- Deposit of empty containers next to the terminal and complementary services.
“DP World Posorja, will be the port of new opportunities for the country, placing it on a par with the port growth that is developing both regionally and globally”, comments Jorge Velásquez, General Manager of DP World Posorja.
DP World Posorja in its main objectives seeks to boost the economy of the country by keeping it connected with world trade, offering development possibilities for the shipping market and businesses related to port growth.